Thursday, July 22, 2010

have a merry christmas...

I know you had to read that title twice and yes I am posting a Christmas Card in July! I usually start making my cards early, but not usually this early.

My card is for the challenge over at CCEE and they are having a holiday card sketch challenge this week.


I got the inspiration for my card from the following sketch and once I saw it I knew that I wanted to do some kind of a wreath and I also knew that I wanted to do some kind of an embossing folder.

I had not used this punch yet and once I got going making the little wreath it was quite fun, the hard part was gluing them all down and then adding the fiskar rain dots.

So now I have one card down and 99 more to go. Hope you will join me this week in this fun challenge.

Enjoy!

~ supplies ~
paper: neenah (solar white linen) basis (red and green)
ink: memento black
stamps: a muse (have a merry)
accessories: cuttlebug (25 days embossing folder) american crafts (christmas ribbon) fiskars (rain dots) evergreen bough punch

7 comments:

  1. Oh Sherry...what a great intepretation of the sketch! The wreath is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card. I like the white embossed bg. Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful wreath! And I love how you alternated the ribbon! Thanks for joining us in our CCEE challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love the wreath and you can never start Christmas cards to early :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!!!! LOVE that wreath!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How innovative, simple, and FABULOUS....thanks so much for playing with the CCEE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.