Saturday, July 10, 2010

ahoy ~ bumbo

Just a quick post this morning before I head out to work at Anchor Paper.

I have been busy as a bee making different colors of the wrinkle ribbon and thought I would share a picture with you.


If you are interested in purchasing some leave me a comment or send me an email and I can give you the information.

Okay, since I had all this fabulous ribbon sitting here in front of me I had to use it on a card so decided to use it on the card for the July challenge over at Claudia and Company. This months challenge was to use pink and aqua.


Isn't the image of this little boy just the cutest? I bought this over at Mo's digital pencil.

My scrapbook layout is for an 8x8 book I am doing of some of  Micah's baby photos.

The layout was inspired by the sketch challenge over at Design Dollies Sketchday.


I sprayed my page with two different colors of glimmer mist and although it isn't the exact look I was going for I think It turned out okay. t I need to figure out how you get the splotches instead of the full spray so  I will have to work on that.

Thanks for stopping by and looking at my blog.
Enjoy!

~ supplies ~

card:
papers: neenah solar white cardstock, cosmo cricket delovely
ink: ranger distressed ink tumbled glass
accessories: cosmo cricket tiny type stickers, copic markers, vintage wrinkle ribbon, spellbinders oval

layout:
paper: neenah solar white linen, basicgrey oliver
ink: glimmer mist key lime pie and sea glass
accessories: basicgrey oliver die-cut shapes, bo bunny cardstock stickers

8 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh........your ribbons rock:)

    such a fun card...love the colors and your ribbon treatment!

    Whatta fun layout...gotta try that misting, blotching thing on my next layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i just got my fab ribbon from you and let me tell you i LOVE it!!! now to make a card with it and not hoard it lol

    fab card with a super cute image and your spaying on the layout is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along at Design Dollies, it's a fab take on Kristy's sketch. I don't think I've ever had a Glimmermist effect that turned out how I imagined it! I have found that if spray a bit closer and push the pump down a bit slower, I get bigger splotches. If I hold the bottle further away and spray quicker, it is a lighter touch... well, it is for me anyway :) It's fun to experiment though. Yours looks fabulous -mmm love the Key Lime colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wrinkle ribbon chick and the layout of little Micah is darn cute as hehehe. Love the card using Mo's image too Sherry.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layout and the misting looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the misting...you'll get better with practice! I actually open the cap and just drip to get splotches.

    Those wrinkle ribbons look fabulous! I love your cute card and that awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the ribbons and card AND what you did with this week's sketch!! :) Thanks for playing with the dollies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm with Karen about the Glimmer Mist dilemma! it's all art though, and it looks fab on yoru page! wonderful take on the sketch - so glad you've joined us at Design Dollies! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.