Tuesday, November 20, 2012

silver and gold PP122

(this is my second post today, scroll down to see the other one)

A couple of quick cards for you today that I created for this weeks challenge over at the Paper Players, this week the challenge is to make a project using silver or gold.

This first card was really easy to put together (my favorite kind). I used a big silver glitter star that I picked up at Target in the Christmas ornament aisle. I added a 'winter wishes' flair badge and put it all on top of a piece of solar white linen paper that I embossed with snowflakes.


This next card took a couple more minutes to make. I used a Maya Road chipboard snowflake that I painted with Adirondack Metallics paint dabber. I added some Stampendous 'shaved ice' to the snowflake while it was still wet. The sentiment is Paper Smooches. After all that I felt it needed just a little bit more so I used the same embossing folder and a couple of gold dew drops from my stash. I layered the embossed piece with some gold stardreams paper.


Since I love how these cards turned out I might have to make a few more for the holidays.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today it really means a lot to me. 
 ~ hugs Sherry ~

14 comments:

  1. Stunning cards Sherry! CAS but they really pack a visual punch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWWWWWWWWWWWW!! These are beautiful!!! LOVING all the glitter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome...I think I have some of those glittery Target ornaments too...and I LOVE the shaved ice on the 2nd card...looks very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH.....I have a TON of these from the Target after-Christmas sale! You are so creative to think of using these on a card! I think I might have to spray it with hairspray, though...it sheds! That second one is fabulous too...how elegant and ritzy with its glitter! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, Sherry! The snowflakes, both silver and gold, are wonderful!!! And the embossing!!! Sigh, need an embossing folder like that! Sooooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are sooooooo pretty! Love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Sherry!! Love the embossed snowflakes on your cards, mixed with the blingy snowflakes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sherry, I love all the dimension you've included on both cards ... and still kept them so beautifully CAS! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word, these are gorgeous! Perhaps my two most favorite cards from you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning cards, Sherry! I love the simplicity and the elegance! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sherry! I just love the clean design and the gorgeous sparkle you added to your cards. The embossed background is a wonderful touch. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are elegant and so pretty! Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.