Friday, November 5, 2010

Please Pass the Traditions

It is time for my first official post as a DT member over at "A Day for Daisies" and this weeks challenge is "Please Pass the Traditions". Everyone has that tried and true recipe that never lets them down. So create a card using your favorite recipe.

I created my card using my Moms french toast recipe which is a favorite of my family as well as my nieces and nephews who come over.

For my card I used the newly released 40's dressed lady. I love her dress which has so many coloring combinations or you could paper piece it and totally change the look of the dress.


I hope you will stop over and play along with us on this challenge. You have until November 18th to upload your card.

Enjoy!


~ recipe ~
paper: neenah natural white cs, little yellow bicycle dp savor collection
digital images: ADFD vintage lady, PTI library card
accessories: my wrinkle ribbon, cosmo cricket button, karen foster scrappers floss
ink: ranger distress vintage photo, copic markers

16 comments:

  1. Sherryann, this is super retro. I love it! I love how we all brought something unique and special to this challenge. Fab job! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it!! A very nice take on the recipe challenge! Congratulations on your first card as a member of the DT!!

    Best of luck,
    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherryann, I love your retro lady!!! Great job---I'm so happy you are on out DT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherryann - I love the retro feel of your card combined with your Mom's french toast recipe - it's just wonderful; and your paper and color combo is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with everyone else. I love the retro feel of your card. It makes me think of my Mom when I was small which is nice, since today is her birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your ribbon on this card! And the feel of it is so retro, I think it is mission accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Sherry! Love the vintage feel and that pop of green! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, what a fun challenge! And your card is fab - loove the 40'sh feel over it, great image. And that ribbon is mmmmmm, yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PERFECT!!!! way to start your DT gig girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. C-u-t-e!!!! Love the retro look!!!! Sounds delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Sherry! I love the challenge idea and your execution of it, very retro.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOOOOOOVE your retro style darling and this card is fab
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. your card is just a delight! I love absolutely everything about it! so happy to have you on the DT! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.