Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 95 ~ Wacky Wednesday


Okay, I am happy to report I survived the first night of school and now have a ton of homework to do.
I was so excited when I saw today's challenge over at "365 Cards". The challenge was to use the following color combination on your card blue, pink, and orange. When I first saw the color list I knew exactly that I was going to use my "Lasting Impressions" papers. They have great colors and all kinds of patterns and I happen to own about 200 sheets of this fine paper. I add just a touch of white to the card in the border around the blue and in the happy birthday rub-on that I used. After I did the flower it looked to flat and way too plain so I crossed my fingers and then crumpled each piece up a little bit and then I did it again and then I unrolled it til it looked like it had a little life in it. I had never done this and I think I will be doing a lot more of it.
Hope you enjoy!

17 comments:

  1. Your crumplilng of the flower certainly gave it more depth! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that flower! You did a great job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That flowers is perfect! Love the shades of colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love this card the bright colors and that flower is fab. Awesome job with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea for the flower, it is super, and great colour combo, love how you put them together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable! love the darker shades, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower is YUMMY! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your flower and the papers/colour are fantastic.
    Congratulations on surviving your firt day of school, hope the homework does not cut into your crafting time.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  9. a-dorable! Lovin' that flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really lovin' that flower.....very cute card!

    hugs, Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that flower too, just like everyone. I like these 3 colors together. They look awesome!
    Your button is really neat with those flowers too and I really love when people mat the layers. It looks so nice. I need to do this, because I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. am loving the paper!! hope school continues to go well :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of the pattern paper! And the flower is pretty fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great papers and your flower is brilliant. I've never made a crumpled one either but thank you for the inspiration to have a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that big flower and of course all the fab pattern paper. you always have the best ; ) great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that flower and those colours are so pretty
    Maz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.