Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 96 - Fun with Fabric


Okay when I first saw the challenge for today over at 365 Cards I thought I would skip today's challenge after thinking about it for awhile and digging through drawers to find fabric I finally found a couple pieces. This fabric is old I think I got it from my Mom in 1993.

I did the large fabric piece as my first layer of the card and then added the brown strip to attach the fabric flower that I stamped with a hero arts word stamp, tied a ribbon onto the button and applied with glue dots. Then I grabbed some thickers and did the word friend.
I am in the process of packing a bag and driving to North Dakota today. I talked to my older sister last night and she is having some health problems, so I am going to just go up and check on her and do a few chores around the house. I will be back Saturday afternoon and will do the challenges then.


Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Love your take on today's challenge Sherry! I would have thought it was all paper and not fabric! Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just lovely! hope your sister feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Sherry, love all of your fabric. I hope your sister has a speedy recovery and safe driving. I will miss your card tomorrow.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Hope you sister recovers soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, have a safe trip
    Maz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fabric you have used for the back layer.

    Safe trip and hope your sister gets better soon. Give her lots of TLC xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it too. So clever.
    Regards
    Mayjasper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.