Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 114 - Lovin' Lavender


First off I must admit I am not a fan of lavender or purple so right away I knew I was in trouble when I saw the challenge for today over at "365 Cards". The challenge was to make lavender the dominant color on our card. I think I accomplished that and I threw in a little of my favorite color (green) and some purple for a friend.

I used papers from Prima called Nursery Tales. Very soft papers in pinks, grees, and lavenders. I used a lavender colored bazzil paper for the base of the card and Stampin' Up Little Leaves. I used my EK retro flower and ran it through my swiss dots embossing folder and then I sprayed it with fully purple glimmer mist spray and although you can't tell from the picture it has an irridescent look to it. I stamped thinking of you (Unity Stamp June KOM) on the paper. I think it turned out okay what do you think?

I will be back to post one more card for another challenge. Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. You've done a magnificent job with the lavender challenge...I don't tend to reach for that color very much...I really need to buy that retro flower punch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic take on the challenge -love your papers and layout.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this card because my favorite colors are purple and lavender. You did a great job as usual.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Sherry. The retro flower is such a lovely shade of purple. . .wow!! Can't go past green and purple together which is what I did for yesterday. I love it. I am about to post mine now.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful lavender card . love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you have done with your flower. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. I love the effect of the flower with the leaves peeping from behind.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this! i love those purple leaves - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the dots and stripes, Sherry! Isn't funny what colors do to us? But you hung in there with a pretty lavender result!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it turned out amazing, such a great job, all the different textures in paper look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luv how you done the leaves and flowers! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the striped paper. You did a great job, considering you had to use the dreaded purple. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card! I'm not sure why people hate purple so much, but if you had a problem with it, it is not evident. Love your design, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.