Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 109 - Color Scheme

Today's challenge over at 365 Cards was to use the following colors; orange, yellow, green, brown, & aqua on a card and make it a feminine card. I think I thought so hard on what kind of card to make I got a headache, and although I am not 100% happy with my card I am going to post it anyways.

I used Neenah Solar White cardstock and then I grabbed my QuicKutz large flourish embossing plate and ran it through my Big Shot. Then I grabbed my scorepal and added a line above and below the flourish. I then punched out two different kinds of Martha Stewart flowers and added buttons in the "Color Scheme", and last I stamped Thinking of You from my Stampendous clear set.

Enjoy!

16 comments:

  1. Sherry, this is beautiful! I love the flowers, the flourish, the buttons everything... just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECT!!! well you sure had the right color of buttons :D i luv it all white with just the buttons for color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry;
    I love this card! You did a great job
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just bloody lovely Sherry. I absolutely love it and agree with Rose that the crispness of the white background with the embossing and just the coloured buttons looks absolutely fabulous!
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherry,
    My email address is medicinewoman1@bigpond.com
    You were right blokey is I suppose an Aussie slang word for man as in he's a nice bloke. I keep forgetting when I am posting that other people may not know what I am talking about lol sorry!!
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so darned cute! I thought about making a card using buttons too, but changed my mind! I love it!!

    hugs, Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the crispness with the touch of colour.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply fabulous Sherry. Classy and elegant. What a good job you had buttons in all the right colours.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is GREAT! Your cards are always so Crisp and Clean! I love the look of them. What a truly beautiful card! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice thinking with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No reason for you not to be happy with your card, it is SO CUTE!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you posted your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great job with the color challenge...gotta love buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl, your cards are better and better each and every day! I LOVE this!! So bright, cheerful and totally fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! that is gorgeous. How can you not be happy with it. It really made me happy. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing... so simple yet so effective!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.