Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 105 - Sing Along Saturday


Okay I was hoping Pam was going to be easy on us after having a couple of tough days this week, then after a challenge where she ask us to put GRASS {wink} on our cards now she wants us to create a card using the song "Rainbow Connection" as our guide. Well I knew the song (barely) and loved that while we read the challenge Jason Mraz whom I love sang the song.

I decided for today's challenge to use the verse; "What's so amazing that it keeps us stargazing, the lovers, the dreamers, and me. Someday we'll find it the Rainbow Connection".

My card is what I thought of immediately after deciding on that verse. I used an old vintage photo in my stash, I typed the words, punched out some stars and then I distressed everything with Ranger Vintage Photo.
I am still sick and have to work today so hopefully, I won't get to close to anyone and get them sick. I am also meeting Connie who sent me a sweet email yesterday telling me she reads my blog. I will be back around 7 pm tonight.
Hope you Enjoy!

16 comments:

  1. If you are leaving a comment please let me know if you have any problems with blogger. I have had some people tell me that it crashes whenever they try to leave me a comment.

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Sherry. In relation to your comment on my blog I guess Rose and I have been hanging around each other lol
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card! I think it fits the song nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I luv this verse and your vintage photo! Great take on todays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card to match the theme of the song.

    Hope you feel better soon sweetheart :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a star-stunning card!! hope your feeling better and have a great time meeting a new friend :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. How neat! I love how you took a verse and made it your own with your card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon, great card, I love the image
    maz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Love the photo. And the little glimpse into your work space and some of your buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a cool card, loved reading your take on the song and seeing it come to be. That BG paper is so neat with the retro look. Nice job on this challenge, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a neat vintage photo to use on your card! Great job Sherry!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sherry I have left something on my blog for you.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is amazing! The pic, the paper, and especially the song phrase with it. Just perfect!

    {Feel Better!}

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the vintage. You know I do! If you check my blog in the morning, I'll have something there for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have something on my blog for you!! looking at gloria's comment above mine i think she has the same award for you!! take mine FIRST!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the vintage look this card has....fabulous work!

    hugs, Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.