First of all let me say that I hate Summer colds. Before I went to bed on Wednesday evening my throat had a small tickle, by last night it hurt like the dickens and my nose was running, I would be hot one minute and cold the next (no it isn't hot flashes). I am hoping it doesn't hang on too long.
Today's challenge over at "365 Cards" was to use "GRASS" to inspire our cards. It took me a few minutes to figure out what to do and then it was lightning had struck. I remembered that I had this stuff called paper frills by "doodlebug design" and one of them looked like grass. I had my new Memory Box Leafy Tree looking at me. I am not that great of a colorer so I grabbed my crayola (yes, crayola) colored pencils, my gamasol and I set to work coloring the tree. When it was all colored and I opened the gamasol it leaked all over the tree and I had to start all over again. So I stamped and colored and used gamasol again. Then I used my Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder on the main card (4x4) and then I added mounting foam tape to the image to pop it up and last I added some Fiskars raindots to the tree (I had saw this technique on the Memory Box blog).
Hope you enjoy!
Very cute Sherry! Love your tree, grass, cuttlebug embossed background, well Everything!
ReplyDeleteoh how sad you dont feel well and had to color the tree twice!! :( it came out great...love the tree and think the raindots on it sets it off :D
ReplyDeleteok have to tell you when i read the challenge my brain popped back to my "old self" days!!! i am sure Pam didn't mean that kind of grass LOL
love your grass, Sherry! cute card
ReplyDeleteCute! I luvin' your rain drops...Hope you feel better soon! : )
ReplyDeletelove everything about your cad!!! sooo sweet
ReplyDeleteI think it's very clever! :)
ReplyDeleteLovin' the clean & crispness with the POP of green!
ReplyDeleteGreat card Sherry, I love the fresh colour.
ReplyDeleteChrissie
This is stunning in it's simplicity. Loving the raindrops and the tree is gorgeous - I noticed it on your owl card, also a beauty. Great grass too.
ReplyDeleteJenny
beautiful card, I am so sorry you don't feel well, I am glad you can't catch a cold throught the computer, although give them time :)
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you are not feeling well Sherry. Ray and I went to bed at 9pm last night after Soph's party and all night between us we have high fevers he has the flu but I don't yet so no clues on what it could have been. I love your card and can I ask what is gamasol? I see this word a lot when people talk about colouring in.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Michelle
Great card, love your tree and that trim is cute.
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon, I'm at the back end of a cold but the little bugger is hanging on....
(((Big Hugs)))
What a super cute card!
ReplyDeleteGreat card, love the tree. Sorry you are not well, I have a sickness bug that is going around so feel really rough at the minute
ReplyDeletemaz