Monday, May 30, 2011

rain, rain, go away...

We have had a lot of rain this Spring and this weekend is no different. Looks like today will be spent inside in the craftroom.

I have a couple cards to share and first up is this great digital image by my friend Arielle Gordon from "Wax Fruit Company". As soon as I saw this image "just the car" I knew that I had to have it. My parents had this exact same car when the 5 of us girls were growing up.


Sorry the picture is so dark but if I didn't take the picture I might never get this card posted. You can't tell by the picture but I did all the bumpers and trim in silver.

I used the sketch from this weeks The Sweet Stop challenge and papers by October Afternoon from Modern Homemaker.


Next up I have a card using this weeks sketch over at Sweet Sunday. I used papers from the sweet threads collection by BasicGrey along with wildflower garden stamps by PTI.


Here is the sketch that inspired my card.


Thanks for stopping by ~ enjoy your day!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful (and fun!) cards! Hope the weather cooperates sometime for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet cards Sherry! Hope you get some fine weather soon...dreary weather can put such a damper on spirits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Sherry!!! Love the car - we had a similar too, red, big and took us everywhere. Brings back memories! :)
    Tesa

    ReplyDelete
  4. both of your cards are fab...love the fun retro car image...so great teamed up with the red and yellow...one of my favorite color combos. I've been enjoying your stamping these days...lovely sweet threads card...I still haven't picked up that pad...need to clear out stuff before bringing in new stuff..

    ReplyDelete
  5. love them both. thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.