Friday, April 4, 2014

Only in Minnesota

This is a photo of my backyard within a 12 hour time period that started last night and ended late morning.

The bad news we got about 12" of new snow and the good news is we are going to be in the 50's and 60's in a few days so it won't last long.


I played along with a couple challenges and created this card.


I absolutely love the new Hero Arts stencils and matching stamps.

I am entering this into the Virginia's View Challenge #2 


the newest Card Concept 7 Challenge.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today it really means a lot to me.
 ~ hugs Sherry ~

18 comments:

  1. oh my I totally understand.. look at all that snow.. I do have to say that it really is pretty.. Your card is stunning..I love how you colored those gorgeous flowers..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you guys will thaw out soon, Sherry!! Love your pretty card! It's a great reminder of spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yuk! more snow :(
    beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just crazy about your weather ... here we have DANG HOT and NOT SO HOT! LOL!!! I loveeeeeeeee your card!! LOVING the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you about the WEATHER! We have howling wind here as I type. It feels like we are in the middle of winter (snow still on the ground)! BUT your card is what brings me here :) How gorgeous! You really make that stencil shine and the touch of vellum is just lovely! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge, Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Sherry. So glad you shared a photo of the snow. We got about 10" on the south side of Minneapolis. Really wet stuff - perfect for snowman if I wasn't so mad at Mother Nature!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it looks like we can be snow buddies! We still have at least 3 - 4 feet of snow in our yard! Spring....perhaps in August!

    Your lovely creation has brightened my day! The rich colors, so beautifully shaded and blended, and showcased in a perfectly balanced design is stunning! I love the enamel dots on the butterfly! Thanks for choosing to join us this week at the Card Concept Challenge!

    Now, bring on the snow melting sunshine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous card, Sherry! Your color palette is just beautiful, and I love how you designed this card...so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherry your card is gorgeous, I love the watercolored look of your flowers! We haven't had as much snow as you here in MA, but it's been a really rough winter for us too! It's pretty sad when we're acting like it's summer because it's finally reached 45 degrees out!! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! More snow! Sorry. I won't tell you we will be in the high 80 s by Monday .
    Love the flowers with the butterfly . Love the colors and the way you colored them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous - I love the bright against the white. It just pops off the page~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What an awesome card! You did a great job with the colors. It's absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card!
    Hope you get warmer weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card, Sherry! Now I have to go look at those stamps/stencil combos! Sorry about all the snow. It's been in the 70s here. Dogwoods are blooming...on the other hand, it's rained and thundered all day today. Never perfect, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe that is a stencil! You are so good with coloring Sherry...love this card and those pretty flowers...so sorry about the snow, you must really be getting tired of it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a BEAUTIFUL card Sherry, really love the lovely colors you used! Fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sherry Oh no on the snow(even though I am a few days late lol) Looks like Mother Nature played a belated April's Fool Joke. :( Your card is beautiful and made me think of Spring. Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! The shading on the flowers is beautiful!
    Our winter/spring was the same way and then summer came early...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.