Thursday, June 16, 2011

paper piecing and paper pleats

I had fun today making up a couple cards and using an old technique and trying out a new one.

First up I paper pieced this card that I am entering into this weeks sketch challenge over at CPS.


For this card I used some new papers by lily bee design from the "this & that" 6x6 tiny tablet collection. The stamp I used is an old favorite of mine from hero arts that they recently brought back.

I think I spent about 3 hours working on this card as it took me forever to figure out which patterned papers to place in which order. I think I like how it turned out?


Next up is a card I created just because. I watched a SplitCoast video today on making paper pleats and ended up with that pieces so needed to create a card for it. The flowers and leaves were in my little basket on my desk and so the card was born.


I am going to enter both of these into the 2011 Gallery Idol.

Thanks for stopping by to look.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome....I love the lily bee card with all the delish patterned paper...perfect paper piecing and layering! Your congrats card is stunning with that bloom!!!! Yahoooooooo for entering them into Gallery idol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are gorgeous! LOVE your take on the CPS sketch and the wonderful variety you put on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Love the colors in your CPS card. Thanks for joining us at CPS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that flower!! Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.