Thursday, December 16, 2010

ho ho ho ~ tis the season

I know I keep saying that I am done making Christmas cards, but sometimes I can't help myself. So while catching up on my Hulu TV programs I created a couple of cards to share with you.

This first card is for Laurel's challenge to use this image that she provided on a card.


This was such a wonderful vintage image that I couldn't help but play along. I added some ranger distress stickles to the branches of the tree to make it look like snow and added a little glossy accents and glitter to the ornament.  A couple of pine cones and my Martha Stewart pine branch mixed with BasicGrey "jovial" and Cosmo Cricket tiny type stickers completed the card.

The inspiration for my card came from this weeks sketch over at Card Patterns.


My next card is for this weeks challenge over at CPS and it too is a Clean and Simple card. I used a couple of Sizzix embossing folders along with a Martha Stewart snowflake punch. The sentiment is by PTI.


Here is the sketch I used for my inspiration.


Okay, I am off to finish making some Christmas card boxes that I will be giving to my Sister-in-Laws for Christmas along with an assortment of cards.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards, Sherry!!! And you sure are queen of CAS. The second one is a breath taker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the image that Laurel provided so very vintage chick. Beautiful creation using the image. The second card as Tesa said is a breath taker girl!! CAS but stunning.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work!!! Love what you did with that image from laurel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty cards. Thank you for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! I love the Santa image card - and the dry embossing in the second card is very striking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.