Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 196 ~ Just a Touch of Color

I saw the challenge for 365 Cards last night before I went to bed but was too tired to attempt it then and now I am wishing I had as I probably wouldn't have smeared the card while attaching the ribbon. Sometimes I can be such a dork.
Anyways the challenge for today was to use a stamped image (digi or ink) done with black ink onto white paper and just add a touch of color somewhere. Well I decided to do these Penny Black flowers and just color the stamens. I didn't feel like doing over so here is my card. I guess I will send this birthday card to one of my sister-in-laws who have birthdays this month.
I am hoping today to go and visit with the Cassie and Micah if they are going to be home. I haven't seen them since last Sunday and try to see them at least once a week. If I don't Micah grows like a weed or gets a new tooth or something. (he has 6 and is 5.5 months old) What are your plans for today?
details:
paper ~ neenah white avalanche, red grandee cardstock, DCWV Green Stack
stamp ~ penny black
accessories ~ may arts ribbon, heidi swapp heart pin, liquid pearls ruby red
ink ~ ranger jet black

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful and I had to really look to see the smudge Sherry. It is hardly noticable at all. Great image though suits the hardly any colour fantastically.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, and I just took that as being part of the image, crafters understand the foibles of making cards and our eyes skim over little bitty things like that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaw-dropping... LOVE that you've chosen the bright red stamens only... so striking. And that paper and ribbon - FAB!!

    As for the smudge... aw heck, we all do that! C'est la vie! (And I probably wouldn't have even noticed if you didn't write about it in your blog!)

    Off to get a makeover with a friend today! Then shop n' lunch! Wooo hoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cant see the smudge! fantastic imiage for the challenge :) hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a striking card! The flowers are beautiful and the smidge of red is perfect.
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissy used the word that first came into mind when I saw your stunning card - striking! Love that red, makes it pop! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful! You did a great job! Love that heart stick pen! ~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. good grief I'm REALLY behind on the google reader...I didn't even notice a smudge...silly woman. fabbie card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.