Saturday, March 9, 2013

family - tpe49


This week over at The Pink Elephant Scrapbook Challenges we have a recipe challenge for you. We want to see buttons, ribbons and stitching on your layout. You can do a digital or a traditional layout.


I have had this photo of my Dad's parents in my stash for awhile now to scrapbook and this challenge was perfect for an older photo.

I also challenged myself to use papers from a 6x6 paper collection that has been sitting on top of my desk for awhile now. The 6x6 papers, ribbons, stickers and fabric brads are all from the BasicGrey 'lucille collection and the main 12x12 paper is by Studio Calico. I x6the doilies to the layout not only because I like how they looked but they also hid where I joined the 6x6 papers together.

I hope you will find time to play along with us this week in our recipe challenge. Make sure and check out what the rest of the design team has created here on the blog.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today it really means a lot to me. 
 ~ hugs Sherry ~

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this layout...vintage pic paired with texty paper and pops of color...that rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeee that photo, the colors and all the doilies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - perfect pairing of text background and some pattern :) Makes we want to catch up on my scrapping (woefully behind!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the text background and how awesome to have that old photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you know I loved this when you were creating it but gotta say the overall effect is amazing and so vintage Sherry.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your papers are perfect for the vintage photo! The buttons and doilies embellish this perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.