Thursday, August 14, 2014

Getting Old

I had a few minutes and decided to create a card using one of my yet to be inked up stamps sitting on my desk.

I keep all my new stamps on my desk until they are inked up and once that is done I then file them into my stamp storage system.

Meet Art Impressions "Golden Oldie" Jean.


Such a fun image to color. I know this will probably be a thinner version of me in a few years or at least it feels like it some days.

I used a Memory Box Stars stencil and randomly placed some stars on the left side and then cut a piece of vellum into a fish tail banner and stamped the You First sentiment on it in Black Staz-on ink. I sewed the banner on and left the threads a little long and then added some gold stars from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today it really means a lot to me. 
 ~ hugs Sherry ~

8 comments:

  1. so totally cute and i love how you added the stars..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your use of vellum - I need to dig out my own vellum stash and use it more often. Great coloring, too. Love the little shadows at the bottom of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You KNOW I loveeeeeeee that sentiment!!! This ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this old girl. I think the horn on the walking frame is classic! Great card Sherry!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Another wonderfully fun card! The vellum was a great touch to soften the banner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.