Every New Year's Eve I make several resolutions and this years included losing weight by staying on weight watchers. Well that has been an up and down, day by day journey for me. So far I have lost about 69 pounds and struggle each day but am determined to do this not to be a thin person as that is not me, but to be a healthier version of me.
So then I chose my One little word which is "persevere" which is what I have been doing for a little over 14 months.
My next resolution was to get published. I am not a person who likes NO or rejection so usually stay away from things that have only yes or no responses.
Well last January Tammy who is the owner and illustrator of A Day for Daisies asked if we (the design team) would like to submit cards for a publication she would be in. I bit the bullet and decided to submit a card to see if it would be accepted and it was.
Yesterday my friend Chrissie over in the UK picked up the magazine for me and scanned the page my card was on and sent it to me. To say I am over the moon excited would be an understatement.
Here is the page from the magazine. My card is on the top.
Bad news is that they gave me a new last name. They have it as Eckland. I am used to people messing up the name and hopefully next time I get published they will get it right.
Here is the cover of the magazine. My friends Arielle and Kadie got the cover. I am super excited for them as they are so talented and inspire me every week over at A Day for Daisies.
Stop over at the A Day for Daisies blog and congratulate them both.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today it really means a lot to me.
~ hugs Sherry ~
.jpg)

Oh Sherry! How exciting! Congrats on being published! Your work is more than worthy of being in a magazine! I am so happy and proud for you! Also congrats on your weight loss! I know it's so hard to maintain sometimes.
ReplyDeletehow exciting on ALL counts!!!! I am thrilled for you! :)
ReplyDeleteThats so exciting!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Sherry, on both accounts - weight loss and publishing! You seem to be excelling at both. So happy for you.
ReplyDeleteSherry, so happy for you on both accounts! Awesone job on the weight loss (and for doing it for the right reason--you!) and superb job on that beautiful card getting published!
ReplyDeleteYAY for you Sherry!! So glad you took the chance and submitted! Your work is always fabulous!! Sorry to hear about the misspelling, but definitely submit again, so they can get it right next time!! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your accomplishments!
ReplyDeleteBeing healthy is so important!
And being published is always exciting! Hope they get the name right next time!
Congrats on both accounts!!!!
ReplyDeleteHUGE CONGRATS on both accounts!!!! That is FABULOUS!!!
ReplyDelete✩✩✩✩yahooooooo✩✩✩✩
ReplyDeleteSuper ginormous congrats on the healthy lifestyle change AND the pub!!!!!!!! I'm so very happy for you!!!!!
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteand way to go on sticking with WW :)
Wow!! How very exciting - you must feel so proud :) For both things!
ReplyDeleteSuper exciting...congrats on being published!!
ReplyDeleteWell, congratulations twice!! Two amazing accomplishments for you! Your card is absolutely beautiful and quite worthy of publishing, even if they did rename you!
ReplyDelete69 pounds is fantastic! You are already much healthier than when you started and feeling much better too, I bet! I lost about 40 lb. with ww but then quit going to the meetings and watching as carefully and gained it back. Persevere is a wonderful mantra!
A HUGE congratulations on your publications!!!
ReplyDeleteWoman....You ROCK!!!! Your cards are amazing and you have every right to be proud/excited!!!
Keep up the good work...losing it is hard, just getting in a routine is even harder!!! So way to GO!!!! :)