Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 143 ~ Keep it to Yourself ~ Sympathy


When I first saw the challenge for today over at "365 Cards" I thought that it would be really easy to do and 3 cards later I decided it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I knew what concept I wanted to do on my card, but coming up with the right color combination was hard. The first one I made looked too much like a wedding, and the second one I just didn't like. I think this final card says "Sympathy" without actually saying it. I did put another one of the leafy vines on the inside along with the sentiment "With deepest sympathy".

What do you think? Do you see Sympathy when you look at the card?

Enjoy~
details:
paper: neenah black linen, basicgrey scartlet's letter
accessories: cuttlebug embossing folder, nestability butterfly, stampin' up leafy vine, fiskars raindrops

10 comments:

  1. I saw beautiful when I looked at it Sherry. The colour combo hints at sympathy as does the butterfly. Really lovely classy card.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, this is beautiful - quite touching! Great job on your challenge - love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I gotta admit that this challenge has thrown me (I always find sympathy cards to be challenging - even when you have the freedom of placing a sentiment on the front) You've done a wonderful job - your card is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. I like the CB bg - and the way you did the butterfly is just gorgeous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a gorgeous card Sherry...love the butterfly...it's perfect-o!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty - I love how you did the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I think sympathy are THE most difficult to do, I usually chicken out and do 'thinking of you' ,,, :-) You have done a fantastic job with this ! Very well done :-)

    Luv
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've inspired me. The next card I make will have some Cuttlebug embossing ...

    This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Sherry. Is that leafy vine a Stampin Up punch?
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is wonderful. I need to use my cuttlebug more often.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.