Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 151 ~ A Certain Sentiment


Today's challenge over at 365 Cards is to create a card using the sentiment ~ "You Can Do It" well I knew that I would do a vintage card as I had an image I had been saving for just such an occassion I just had to change the We to You. I was going to leave it and see if Pam would notice it and then decided I best play by the rules and leave the rule bending to Gloria and Rose.

You probably know that I love doing vintage cards and distressing everything I can on it. I put some poms ribbon on the card at the last minute and am still trying to decide if I like it. Let me know what you think.

This card is going to go to a very special friend and the inside reads "We are Going to kick BIG Al's Ass". She will know who she is and will know what this means. (love ya).

Enjoy~
details:paper: neenah natural white & black linen, amy butler designer mat pad
stamps: none ~ word YOU created using my dymo letratag label maker
ink: ranger distress vintage photo
accessories: fancy pants black pom-pom ribbon, stampin' up punch, amy butler die cut cardstock pieces

19 comments:

  1. This is bloody fantastic Sherry. (sorry for the swear word) but I couldn't help it honestly I couldn't! I really, really like this one Sherry. It looks like an ad type pic from the 2nd World War doesn't it?
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I like the poms (another one of those things I bought but can't find an occasion to use it). Love the image and the embellies, perfect challenge card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect!! and what is up with me getting blamed for stuff even when i am not playing each day??? LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card!! All of the elements work so well together - yes, the poms, too, 'cuz they carry along all the other themes (the girly, the circles, the black...). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just excellent! Very well done, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this image and I love vintage! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic card. To me this image has women's rights all over it, I have a magnet of this image on my fridge. I have already sent you an email but just incase you don't get it advising here that you are the winner of my first blog giveaway.I hope you like your little gift

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this card is such fun! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whatta FUN card Sherry!!!! yeah, you don't want to be a rebel like those other gals :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sherry - Okay, girl - you rule!!! This is just the best card I have ever seen! I love, love, love everything about it! GREAT job! And congrats on winning some yummy blog candy! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SherryAnn,
    Your card made me giggle. I have seen this image in so many places and you have done it justice. I didn't even notice that you had changed the 'we' until I read your post. GREAT job!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic and clever card, just wonderful, you really do wonderful work, very inspirational!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant image. You are as much of a star as ever!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is amazing and I love the poms ribbon, you do such wonderful cards I love them all
    LUV
    Pam
    its 104 here today

    ReplyDelete
  16. i just love this card!! great image, and wonderful vintage feel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok today i am a 100% cheater for 365!!! you can follow my lead if you like ;)
    awards are on my blog for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.