Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 149 - Try A Techniue: Sponging


I was so happy to see an easy challenge today over at 365 Cards since I need to be out of the house early to help out a very good friend. The challenge is to use sponging on your card and oh how I love to sponge. I like that aged or distressed look it gives to photos and papers.
Today's card uses a few of my favorite things, a photo, basicgrey paper and ribbon I could of put a button or two or three, but thought that might be a little over the top even for me.

Enjoy~
details:
ink: ranger antique linen and vintage photo
paper: basicgrey lemonade, core'dinations pink, pop-tone green
accessories: may arts ribbon, EK success edge punch,
words: computer generated

13 comments:

  1. Oops! You didn't post this card on 365. Instead, you linked to some commercial site, I think. Love the card, though. Very dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, such a fabbie vintage card! Love the photo...great girlie colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry this is a great vintage card. You know I love vintage and I love sponging and making things look distressed too! Wonderful take on the challenge.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage feel of this card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, i really love it when you use vintage photo's they are sooooo cooool!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I love the photo in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful vintage card, Sherry! Great border, and love the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! this is beautiful. Totally love it.
    By the way the music on my blog is Clare de Lune by Debussy it was in the film Frankie and Johnny not sure about the film Twilight haven't seen it. Thanks for your kind comments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely card, what a great image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this card is so awesome. A Muse?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the vintage look you have used. its a really soft and beautiful card. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I'm a distresser at heart. It's difficult for me NOT to sponge! Just haven't had time to play....

    Love your card!! Great job...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.