Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 144 ~ You Raise Me UP







It is a beautiful afternoon here in Minneapolis and luckily not too hot or too humid. This morning I was up and out of the house by 7:15 as I had an oil change appointment at 7:30, then I ran to the post office to send off a package and then the grocery store for a few things to make a noodle salad for my son to take to an LPA picnic this weekend.
I looked at the challenge for today over at "365 Cards" and thought this would be an easy one. Todays challenge was all about adding dimension to your card and to try to incoroporate 2 ways to add dimension to it. I figured it would be fast so would do it up when I got home ~ well I have been home now for about 6 hours and I just finished my card. Yep, it took a little more time than I anticipated. Probably because I couldn't decide on what to use on the cone I finally ended up using some lemon yellow flower soft on the ice cream & some crystal 3-D laquer on the cone and cherry. I added a little spica glitter to the stem. I layered the cone and ice cream 3 times to give it some dimension also. I used my Happy Birthday Cuttle Bug embossing folder and some May Arts ribbon and considered it done.
Before this finished card I had to do the flower soft and red 3-d crystal laquer two times. The red kept running into the yellow (I didn't have the patience for it to dry the first two times), then I thought the main card should be yellow, well didn't like how that looked, then I was going to put a tag hanging from the ribbon with a sentiment and didn't like that either. The inside says "You're such a treat" both stamps are from the Unity KOM for June.

Let me know what you think ~ enjoy ~

10 comments:

  1. CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! I love the embossing and the way you layered the ice cream cone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! It looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embossing! This is beautiful work. Thanks for stopping by... and a fluffer-nutter is a peanut butter and marshmallow cream sandwich. (It's a love it or hate it kind of thing-- I understand if you aren't drooling at the sound of it.) :)Now, though, I'm in the mood for icecream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! And that ice cream cone is delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card sherry! The embossing is breathtaking! Yum Ice cream! If only I wasnt allergic ... well, I am not allergic to paper, Thank goodness! ha ha
    Anyway, Awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Sherry. Love the flower soft on the ice-cream it looks real lol.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card!! Super cute! Love the different textures you used!! I really want to get a Cuttle Bug I think they add so much to a design when ppl use them! Thanks for the comment on my card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowza gf, it looks fantabulous...the embossing is such a fabbie touch...love the flower soft and the paper piecing....great work!!! Sheesh, 3 layers of paper piecing...you go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cheryy really does look good enough to eat. Great work Sherry!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.