Tuesday, August 16, 2011

white space

I have a couple new cards to share with you today.

First up is the card I made for this weeks challenge over at the Less is More Challenge. This week we were to make a one layer card which for me is usually the hardest since I usually put patterned paper on everything.


I used distress inks and this tree image and although I think the image is a little darker than I originally had planned for I think I am okay with it.

Next up CAS-ual Fridays and Clean and Simple stamping have joined forces this week and have come up with a sketch challenge for us.


I opted to go for lots of white space on this one two and just add a small strip of pattern paper to the image.


Thanks for stopping by to look. I appreciate your comments.
Enjoy!

15 comments:

  1. Lovely card Sherryann
    That inking looks super!

    Thanks so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIm
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card and the trees stand out so well against the background x

    ReplyDelete
  3. check out your CAS goodness....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sherry, your inking looks great, the colours are really super.
    Thanks so much for joining us again.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful inky background in the first one and I love your thistles in the second. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super LIM card Sherry, great inky background. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are very eye-catching, Love the inking on your LIM card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great LIM card, super inking
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The small strip of patterned paper is such a great touch, love the green and purple too. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good stuff Sherry! Love your awesome stamping...you rocked the one layer card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely scene on your first card, I like the splash of orange. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that flower image! Your coloring makes it look kinda real! :) Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GASP!! girl they are both stunning :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me your comments. I would like to reply to your comment so please make sure that your email address is attached to your name. Hugs, Sherry

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.