This past Sunday I took a class at a local store and it was to learn how to ZenDoodle aka the Art of ZenTangle.
If you look up what this is you will find:
Zentangle is an easy to learn method of creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns. It is a fascinating new art form that is fun and relaxing. It increases focus and creativity. Zentangle provides artistic satisfaction and an increased sense of personal well being.
I myself who always says I can't draw a straight line also learned that I am not a doodler. I found it very stressful instead of relaxing. Others in class found it very relaxing, but they also told me that they are always doodling. Me, I never doodle.
Basically what it is, is that you make repetitive patterns inside a 3.5x3.5 square. Then you can move onto a string which is where you draw an image and then place your zendoodles inside that image.
Here is an example of a page of zendoodles.
You can see some of my zendoodles behind my final piece. I am going to add some clouds to the design to finish it off at the top.
Okay, that is it for me today. I am off to my Craft group at church where I am working on Breadcloths for our spring luncheon.
Have a great day!
Sherry
If you look up what this is you will find:
Zentangle is an easy to learn method of creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns. It is a fascinating new art form that is fun and relaxing. It increases focus and creativity. Zentangle provides artistic satisfaction and an increased sense of personal well being.
I myself who always says I can't draw a straight line also learned that I am not a doodler. I found it very stressful instead of relaxing. Others in class found it very relaxing, but they also told me that they are always doodling. Me, I never doodle.
Basically what it is, is that you make repetitive patterns inside a 3.5x3.5 square. Then you can move onto a string which is where you draw an image and then place your zendoodles inside that image.
Here is an example of a page of zendoodles.
And then here is what me the non-doodler created as my string. I just laugh when I look at it.
You can see some of my zendoodles behind my final piece. I am going to add some clouds to the design to finish it off at the top.
Okay, that is it for me today. I am off to my Craft group at church where I am working on Breadcloths for our spring luncheon.
Have a great day!
Sherry


I think your zendoodle looks pretty darn amazing! I actually printed out a zentangle design from the internet and then foiled the design with my laminator. It looked gorgeous! I think your flower would look gorgeous if it were foiled, too.
ReplyDeleteI think it looks pretty AMAZING!!! I am with you though ... I have never been a doodler ... so it would probably stress me out too! LOL!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that it looks like a quilter doodle! This is more what I do as the idea of a repetitive consistent design for some reason makes me freak a little as I am in the can't draw a straight line crowd!
ReplyDelete